Tuesday, August 26, 2008

PASSION

So what are you passionate about? That was a question posed to me about a month ago by my wife. It has something I have given much thought about this since then. So what are my passions? That is a good question.

Many of my passions I have had in the past have cooled off or died. I look back over the last 20 years or so and it saddens me some. Some I just grew out of for the better, others well.... . Let's just life has worn me down and at times I have not let myself be passionate. I was afraid to let passion be stirred in me. I almost became dead on the inside to a certain extend. I shut off almost all feeling. I was wound up real tight on the inside. Even rooting for my sports team seemed hard because I didn't want to feel the disappointment of their loosing. So I let my sports passions cool. My passion for aircraft was another I have let die. That was all I thought about growing up (besides sports and you know). Now I hardly give it a second thought. It was easier to move on to something else after my KU days. In my mind I was a failure so I tried to move on.

So what about now? Well now I have new passions. Foremost are the Lord and my wife and family. These are my true passions. Through the Lord I have been able be passionate again. He has given me my wonderful wife and family. Through my wife I have really learned to trust and give my all, in short be passionate, about something again. It is a awesome feeling. Now he is awakening and reawakening passions in me. I feel that I am becoming the man that God has wanted me to be. I have a future vocation that I am excited about getting into once again, instead of a dead end job or a career I didn't have a heart for, but didn't know how to get out of. I am excited about life and for once about my past and letting people know who I really am. No more not letting people in or only letting people get to know one part of me. I feel the a fire starting to light in me. Thank you Christina, thank you Lord.

SO WHAT ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT? Let me know. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AS HE HAS ME. 'TILL NEXT TIME.

THE GREAT ONE

No comments: